Most people by now will have either seen in the article in the Sunday Mail, or the various posts on the Blogosphere, regarding Milliband’s latest idea to controll the masses. The so-called leaked document proposes a number of draconian measures to get us all to be ‘healthy’, at least the labour view of healthy.
“Labour leader is proposing sweeping new laws to force people to live healthier lives if he wins next year’s General Election.
- A total ban on the current £300 million sports sponsorship by drinks firms.
- Minimum alcohol price to stop ‘pre-loading’ by young drinkers.
- Banning supermarkets from selling drinks near the door, or sweets at the tills.
- New laws to curb the amount of sugar, fat and salt in food aimed at children – and a 9pm watershed for TV adverts for unhealthy products that might appeal to youngsters.
- Lottery cash to build skateboard parks.
- Aiming to get half the population to take regular exercise within ten years.
- A goal that children born from next year will be the ‘first smoke free generation’.”